Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A funky new tea infuser


At a Ross store over the weekend, I came across a new style of Trend tea infuser for $1.99, so of course I had to get it and give it a whirl. Something about the design reminds me of a baby rattle!

When I took it out of the package, I realized that the "loop" at top of the package is simply a wiggledy-jiggledy rubber piece that functions like the string on a teabag.

I put about a teaspoon of loose tea in the bowl of the infuser, and the top locked easily into place.

But did it work? Yes indeed! And with very little "tea debris" left in the cup. Nice, and I certainly can't quibble with the price!

11 comments:

  1. That is an interesting looking tea infuser (nice color). The company also has those great striped mugs with tea names that are packaged in a tin and a really cute little honey pot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. Did it have any plastic taste to it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is kinda cool! I will look for that.
    ~Donna~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teresa, no plastic taste at all. And it cleans up beautifully too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do find the most interesting tea gadgets. This one looks like fun and for $1.99, a very good price.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your new infuser worked as advertised. You find the neatest things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The look is fabulous, but I definitely would be concerned about the type of plastic it might be. I'm a freak that way, always thinking I'm injesting something not healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The question is: does this infuser make the tea taste like plastic at all? I don't know what they're able to do with plastic these days to avoid that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! This one certainly is unique!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Angela~
    I've seen these, the color alone is enough to make me want one!

    I just posted about the A~Tea~C swap that we were a part of, I really enjoyed it, please take a look when you have a second.

    Oh, and I'm having a tea giveaway, check that out too.

    Have a wonderful day!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!