Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Nice tea with a funny name

First impressions really do count. Last week, I was placing an order for my "Saturday Tea Tasting" teas for the rest of the year. I wasn't able to find them all at one company, so I had to look outside my comfort zone of tea vendors. Some of the teas I needed kept turning up at TeaGschwendner, a company I first read about on Steph's tea blog, so I ordered three of the teas from there. To my surprise, my quickly-shipped order included this free Teelamass, which is the company's name for its specially designed measuring spoon.

That was prize enough, but TeaGschwendner also included a sample of its Cinnamon Apple fruit tea. Imagine a saute pan full of apples, sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar, slowly caramelizing on the stove. That is the smell that greeted me when I opened this sample. Soon, I had a delicious apple red cup of tea to enjoy.

And in case you're like me and wondering about this, I had to google the name of this company to find out how to pronounce it. The web sites seem to differ on where the emphasis goes, but the most popular version was "TEA-gesh-WEND-ner." I'm very impressed with my first transaction with this company. Have any of you ordered from them, and if so do you have any recommendations?

4 comments:

  1. This is a new company to me, but a glance at their website tells me I'll be back!

    Before I saw your pronounciation guess, I was pronouncing it "gesh-VEND-ner," assuming it was German (from the "sch") and German W's are pronounced "v" (like the musician Wagner).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not ordered from them, but nice to know they have great customer service. I have visited their booth at the World Tea Expo and they always get rave reviews there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this company. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. That was very nice of them to include free gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've ordered Puerh tuo cha from Tea Geschwendner but I can't recommend it because they have a different product in its place now. It was actually the first Puerh I ever bought and I enjoyed it quite a bit. --Spirituality of Tea

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!