Wednesday, February 25, 2009

White Lion Tea's Honey Pearls


So where do you stand on sweeteners in your tea? Love 'em? Hate 'em? I drink the vast majority of my tea plain, whether it's a fruity flavored black tea or one of the pure teas I'm "tea tasting" this year. Every once in a while, though, and especially at tea parties, I like to enjoy a little something sweet in my teacup. A new choice for tea lovers: Honey Pearls from White Lion Tea.

I received a sample of the Honey Pearls at a trade show recently, and then the company kindly sent some more to the office. I added a packet to a cup of my beloved Emperor's Bride Tea from The Tea Room in Savannah, and it was just the right amount of sweetness.

Honey Pearls are made of all natural crystallized honey, and I'll be ordering some of these for my tea table. You can order a jar of them loose (which I think I'd prefer), but if you're someone who often travels with your sweetener you might like the packets. The single packets I've enjoyed are just 2.8 grams of sugar and 12 calories apiece. For a once-in-a-while treat, I think this is an elegant new way to sweeten tea!

10 comments:

  1. I've tried sugar and honey in my tea, and 99.9% of the time prefer it without. Cream, now... that's a different matter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try the Honey Pearls in my tea. Usually I drink my black tea with a little organic 1% milk. Adding honey to my tea is a treat that I indulge in occasionally.

    I can't remember if I tried Emperor's Bride tea, but I love The Tea Room in Savannah. On one visit it was Valentine's week and the tiered plate was decorated with fresh orchids. Their chef does a fabulous job on the food. Their tea selection and gift shop is also great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have tried this form of honey just plain out of the container and it was very good! someone brought a sample to our last beekeeping meeting. i am glad you posted about it as it reminds me to research how it is made. as a beekeeper i have the extra curiosity of exploring if this is a feasible thing for me to do with my bees extra honey! i am one of those who think a little touch of honey is good in every tea and on about everything!lol hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea!!! I like my iced tea lightly sweet and my hot tea with a little milk!!tammyp btw I am so gald your daddy enjoyed your birthday cake for him. I know a lot of love went into it :-)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every morning I start my day with a cup of hot tea, and the only thing I add to it is a lemon wedge.(It helps that there is a bountiful lemon tree in the backyard.) When it's hot outside, I will add an inch of fruit juice to my iced tea to sweeten it. Lately, since I've been fighting off colds and flu, I add some freshly grated ginger to the tea and it tastes wonderful. If I'm fighting a cough, honey is going to be in there too. But sick or healthy, winter or summer, I can't live without my tea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Leslie of Comfrey Cottages is a beekeeper! That's great! Now we have a go-to girl for all our honey questions. Groovy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I drink my tea plain, but this is a great alternative for guests who want sweetener!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am amazed at how many people do not sweeten their tea! In my hot tea, I use a about a teaspoon of sugar and I am sure my husband would just love honey pearls!
    My sister on the other hand... if we go to a tea room, and all they have are packets of sugar, I usually politely ask for a bowl for her. She will use up all the packets and want more, more, more! (Tea room owners--- if we have ever been to your tea room, I am sure you remember us!! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Angela,
    I love honey in my tea and almost always put it in green tea, Oolong and straight blacks. I have these cute little jars from USFood Service that are really for room service, but are perfect for personal tea service for myself & friends. I love the thought of the honey pearls, less mess getting it out of the jars! HA! Thanks for the info. I'll have to wait on them though as I have 2 cases of the honey to get through first!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your clear tea caddy. I better start shopping for clar tea caddy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!