Thursday, February 12, 2009

Bigelow Valentine's Teas


This Royal Chelsea "Tea Party" pattern cup and saucer is a favorite set I bought years ago on eBay, and I love everything about it: the name, the pink toile look, the shape of the handle, and most of all, the graphic of a couple enjoying an al fresco tea party. It's a perfect teacup to use during Valentine's Week, don't you think?

The Valentine's teas I ordered from Bigelow arrived this week, so I've been sampling White Chocolate Kisses and Sweetheart Cinnamon teas. To my great surprise, the Sweetheart Cinnamon is actually the one I like best, largely because of the apple flavor which gives it almost an apple cider taste. The chocolate tea actually has cocoa in it (which explains the powdery residue in the cup), making for a sort of hot chocolate/tea hybrid, which was interesting.

I tucked a sample of each tea into some Valentine cards I sent to friends, and I have some left over and will be sending this little teapot drawstring bag of 10 teabags (five of each flavor) to today's giveaway winner. If you want to try these teas, just leave a comment on today's post! Good luck!

16 comments:

  1. I love the little teapot drawstring bag! This is a nice Valentine's giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess I can't win again but would like to know more about the drawstring bags.
    Thanks for this informative blog-I've gathered alot of tea info and enjoyed the pictures so much.
    And thanks again for the sweet dishcloth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Royal Chelsea cup and saucer and it is perfect for a Valentine cup of tea. I have been searching the stores for the White Chocolate Kisses tea, with no luck. What a lovely idea to send your friends a Valentine that includes a special tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela, don't enter me in the drawing (since I've already won and since I'm breastfeeding I'm not drinking black tea at the moment). But I did want to comment. Is the Sweetheart Cinnamon tea similar to The Republic of Tea's Apple Cider tea?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty cup and saucer set. That handle looks so comfy and I just love anything in a toile design.
    Both your Valentine teas sound yummy, so please count me in, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am I allowed to try even if I've already won this week?

    My daughter & I have been wanting to try these new teas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummy yummy yummy!
    enter me into the drawing

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a perfect cup for valentines! the teas sound just lucious and you are so thoughtful sending some to your friends! hugs from leslie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how lovely! The chocolate tea sounds rather interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Angela: I am enjoying this "contest week!" And, anytime you start "Angela's Shopping Service," I am IN! Your taste is fabulous and I marvel at your finds. Please enter me and I have to tell you "all about" the state capitol visit today...my 1st visit there and what a beautiful building...the governor's office would be a nice setting for tea! Take care, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those sound yummy. I've never seen those around here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was doing a search for tea items...for an art project I was doing... and came across your lovely blog.
    What a small world, if you are from L.I.? I live in Hicksville!
    Please count me in for your give away.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!