Friday, February 6, 2009

A celebrity update

So there I was, headed along Temple Avenue on my way home from work this afternoon. Suddenly, I see that perilously close to the road stands some funny-acting man in a white long-sleeved dress shirt and dress slacks. His arms are outstretched, like he's impersonating the letter "T," and he appears to be dramatically leading a group of young children behind him as they are about to cross the street. His stance says "I'll protect you, young ones!" and as I drive past the man, wondering what crazy fellow that could be, I think, "Wow, he looks just like Bill Murray." And then it hits me: It's because that was Bill Murray!

I don't know what he was doing (he was just across the street from where the movie is being filmed), but he was hysterical to watch. Oh, and I heard at lunch he had Gandy Glover run him out to Five Guys Burgers and Fries to eat the other day, where the counter guy commented on his amazing resemblance to Bill Murray. Gandy had great fun telling that young man who was in his restaurant.

And now, we return to our regularly scheduled programming ...

5 comments:

  1. I'm not very good with faces, so there have been numerous times when I've been walking around Boston and see someone and think "wow - they look just like..." and then wonder... I'm hoping that if I ever run into someone famous, I'll know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so cool! I tried to get my husband to drive by the other day, but he's not as excited by it as I am. We are looking forward to the zombie movie being filmed her next month. My husband wants to know how he can be an extra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But this is so much fun! What a fun memory you made today! ha ha What a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also saw some men who did their part in a show in a street and most of them are celebrity.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!