Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A teapot that goes in the washing machine


Have you ever used dishcloths knitted or crocheted from that Sugar 'n Cream yarn? I've been making them for years now, and my family and I just love them. They look a bit large when you first make them, but then after you use one a while and toss it in the washing machine and dryer, it shrinks a bit but then bounces right back to become a favorite dishcloth. I've made very plain, unadorned ones, but last night I made this one, and it is also going to serve as today's giveaway!

I found this great pattern here, courtesy of one Stephanie Haberman, who is apparently both talented *and* generous, since she has provided this pattern free of charge. It was very easy to make, even for a newbie knitter like myself.

So if you'd like to make the dishcloth for yourself, visit the link above. If you'd rather not, and you'd like the one I made last night, leave a comment to today's post before midnight. And happy dishwashing! (As if ...)

7 comments:

  1. Love this ! We have been having ladies in the church knit washcloths as favors for our tea Ministry . This pattern would be perfect!They also do tea cosys we use as door prizes-they call their group the Cosy Knitters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty pattern, and I love your choice of color, Angela. Alas, I have never been able to get the hang of knitting or crocheting, but, I really admire the talent that goes into other's efforts. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me want to get out my knitting stuff again. I think I have some sugar and cream yarn too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! You are a multi-talented gal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, now this I love. But I would never be able to bring myself to using it though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the dishcloth you made. The color and teapot design is great. I'm not sure my knitting ability is up to it, but thanks for the link to the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cool link angela! thanks for sharing it! i love the color you chose to do the cloth in. so warm and pretty! good job. hugs from leslie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!