Friday, February 13, 2009

Vintage Tea-themed Valentines







My latest collecting craze? Vintage tea-themed Valentines. My fledgling collection was found through Ruby Lane Antiques, Etsy and eBay, ranging from about $2-5, which is a great "price point" for these pieces.

Next year, when I have (hopefully!) acquired a few more, I plan to create a little vignette with them. Meanwhile, I am scanning these as I get them and plan to use them in making crafts. The heart-shaped "Tea-Sing" one was actually red when I bought it, but my sweet friend Deberah pinkened it for me in Photoshop so I could have it in a colorway I will actually use. I scanned all of these as high-res images, so if you want to download them to your computer for whatever use of your own, you certainly have my blessing to do so.

And these aren't Valentine cards, but I thought it would be appropriate to make today's giveaway a pack of cards. If you'd like these cheery Mary Engelbreit teapot cards, well, you know the routine by now! (And yes, you can win more than once this week, so comment away!)

11 comments:

  1. Angela: These are too cute! I don't know how you manage to "top yourself," but you do. Please enter me and thanks for a fun Valentine's Week, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your blog each morning as I learn more about tea from you. Thanks for sharing yourself & your loves. God bless. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are really sweet. I never knew that there were tea-themed Valentine cards out there. I know you will use them to make lots of great craftea items.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how adorable angela! i collect vintage valentines that feature little honeybears or bees! what fun it is to start the day with your bright, cheery and informative posts! big hugs to you from leslie oh and thanks for sharing the pics they would be fun to use for crafts with the grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you find all this stuff????
    I frgot to mention yesterday how much I love the teacup you featured.
    Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day tomorrow and a great Friday 13th.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please enter me in the drawing- teapot stuff is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your vintage tea-themed valentine collection!! Thanks for the little surprise in the mail today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just got your special arrival and feel so lucky, lucky! Thank you - and thank you for the vintage Valentine. It is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just started reading your fabulous blog about 3 weeks ago (found it by accident!) and I LOVE IT!!!

    Throw my name in the hat for the notecards!

    THANKS!!!!

    Debbie
    Boerne, TX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Angela, as a fellow collector of vintage ephemera, I really enjoyed viewing today's treasures. That Valentine of the young lovers having tea is just too cute. You have a nice start to your collection. Enjoy!
    Thank you for your generous sharing this week. Have a happy and loving Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!