Friday, May 17, 2024

Some delightful new crafting supplies


When I was at my friend Kathy’s last week, she gave me a birthday gift that included some delightful crafting goodies, which is so appropriate since crafting is one of the many areas in which we have bonded over the years. I haven’t even had a chance to play with them yet, but I have some new stamps with roses on them, and I know they will produce some beautiful designs.


There was also a devotional coloring book that will be great to color in as I watch/listen to the news (and who doesn't need a pleasant activity to distract them while watching today’s news programs?).


And I was pleased to see that the page on my May 4 birthday is a verse telling us not to worry. God has helped me be less of a worrier over the past few years, and I believe that’s a lesson a lot of us women need help with. (If you do, too, along with reading your Bible, the best source of help I know, I recommend the book Anxious for Nothing by Max Lucado.)


And the gift I couldn’t wait to share with you was something I’ve never seen before, these tiny little wooden teapots to use in crafting! Each one measures 2 inches wide and 1-1/4 inches tall. Kathy said I could embellish them with designer paper, and that was one of my thoughts, too, but I’m also thinking each one could become a pendant or a pin. I know you tea lovers will probably have some ideas as well, so what would you suggest?

4 comments:

  1. What nice gifts! I'm sure you'll put them to good use. I love the little wooden teapots and I can see one covered in patterned paper (maybe featuring tiny roses) making a darling pin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a thoughtful, fun gift. I can see myself using the teapots decorated in paints or palaver and added as finishing adornments to my cross stitched tea scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are very cute little wooden teapots for crafting! How about decorating them on both sides and using as Christmas tree ornaments?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!