Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Recommended reading: "Living With Roses" by Victoria Magazine


On Saturday, I happened upon the most beautiful tea table book, and while the topic isn't anything remotely Christmasy, it's such a lovely book that I wanted to tell you about it so that a) you can look for the bargain version at your local T.J. Maxx and b) if that's not an option, you can perhaps add it to your Christmas wish list! The book retails for $39.95 on the Hoffman Media website, $31.99 on Amazon—and an additional $6.40 off with the instant-savings coupon I saw there yesterday, though those sometimes disappear overnight—and $24.99 at T.J. Maxx. (I had a gift certificate, so mine was free. Yay!)


Now, I'd seen Living With Roses advertised in Victoria, but I've already got so many books about roses and didn't know if there was anything particularly special about this one. But oh, there was! And at 10-1/2 by 11-1/2 inches, the book was much larger than I'd imagined as well.


One of my rules for purchasing picture books and magazines these days is that I quickly flip through it, and if I don't see three things I absolutely love, I leave it. Well, this was the first spread I turned to in Living With Roses, and I was hooked.


I also love to gather ideas that I can recreate with pieces I already own, and this vintage wicker tray with teacups on it reminded me that I have a pink wicker tray that I haven't used in a while. I think I see some sweet valentine décor in my future!


Dreaming of spring is often what gets me through the gray, gloomy days of winter. This tea table hits all the right notes, and would you get a gander at that tablecloth? What a spectacular print! This book has already been such a pleasure to look through, and I have a feeling I'll be enjoying it for a long, long time to come. Maybe you need a copy too? If so, let Santa know!

4 comments:

  1. That looks like such a beautiful book! Thanks for letting us know about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book really does have some gorgeous photos in it! I will be on the look-out for it now. It's very soothing to look at those pictures during winter, when there are no roses blooming outside.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!