Wednesday, December 6, 2023

A cookbook signing for my friend Susan!


You know the girlfriend I took the cookie-decorating class with on Saturday, Susan? Well, she has just published her first book, a cookbook whose title features the nickname given to her by family and friends, Sweet Susie's Table: A collection of Southern desserts and appetizers. I am so proud of Susan for fulfilling her dream of writing a book and sharing some of the many delicious recipes for which she is so well-known. (Her book is beautiful, too, and I'm not just saying that because I got to edit it. I had nothing to do with the design!)


On Sunday afternoon, her coworker Jennifer opened her lovely home for a book signing and book launch party hosted by some of Susan's friends, and I was delighted to be one of them!


The book is currently sold out on Amazon and may not even be available again until after Christmas, but once it's available to order, I'll host a giveaway of a copy here so that Susan can sign a book for one of you!


Susan is one of the best cooks I have ever known, and some of the recipes from her book were served at the party. I especially wanted to show you fellow tea party lovers how she served samples of her famous Red Velvet Cake: She layered the cake and icing in these cute little square plastic cups (from Dollar Tree, to my great surprise!). I thought this was a fantastic idea for serving a favorite cake at teatime!


Her Crack Corn Dip was a huge hit …


And so were her Daddy's Chocolate Ritz Crackers.


Her Strawberry Bread with Cream Cheese Icing was so moist and delicious.


But my favorite? Can you believe it wasn't a sweet but this Pimiento Cheese Ball? Oh. My. Goodness. I'm so glad I have this recipe now!


It was so much fun to be with my dear friend as we gathered to celebrate her book. She sent an early copy to one of her baking mentors, someone she's had the privilege of meeting in person on many occasions, and amazingly enough, the lovely *Paula Deen* has already written her a beautiful thank-you note saying how much she enjoyed the book and that she read every word of it! I am so happy for Susan, so look for a very special cookbook giveaway in the new year!

5 comments:

  1. What a nice launch party! All the food looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your friend Susan on her first book! And congrats to you for editing it! It sounds like a wonderful book. And that launch party looks especially nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Susan! The pictures look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela, do you know if there are any plans for this book to become an e-book in addition to a normal book?

      Delete
  4. Congrats to your friend! Looked like a lovely launch tea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!