Wednesday, June 21, 2023

The Iced Tea Dahlia blooms!


Back in March, I mentioned my quest for an Iced Tea dahlia. Swan Island Dahlias was sold out of them, but I found some tubers on Etsy and ordered them. And I'm happy to report that I now have my first bloom! This photo was made on my iPhone using that new technique where you hold down the image for a second and the background is omitted. Cool!


IRL (in real life), this dahlia is about three inches in diameter, and it seems pretty happy growing in a large pot on my deck. I have a second plant that isn't quite as far along, so I'm hopeful that it will perform as well as this one has.


I love to take close-ups of the interior of flowers. I marvel at God's design, and I'm thrilled that my Iced Tea dahlia has bloomed during National Iced Tea Month!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is one beautiful dahlia! And your photo of it is excellent. I really like to observe the interiors of flowers, too. I hope yours gets some bees on it soon. Bumblebees in particular seem to love the dahlias here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dahlia is beautiful! I love that iphone feature. I've been playing with it ever since I first found out about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is GORGEOUS! Congratulations 🎊

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!!!
    Susan in NC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!