Monday, June 19, 2023

Father's Day 2023


I was so happy to enjoy another Father’s Day with Daddy yesterday, and after various branches of the family went to our various churches, we all gathered at my sister’s house for a delicious lunch. In addition to sweet tea (of course), she made a ham, dressing, macaroni and cheese, potato salad, sweet potato casserole, and deviled eggs.


All I was asked to add was rolls (King's Hawaiian Butter Rolls, which I purchased) and a dessert, and I chose to make a sheet-cake-style Hummingbird Cake. I used a recipe from Southern Living (it's here), and it was easy and delicious! (But without the dried pineapple rings on top. I didn't think those were necessary!)


I was glad to see everyone digging in as soon as we all had our lunch. And with bananas, pineapple, and pecans inside, any cake is bound to be delicious, and I was grateful for the good reviews!



And although our late mother didn’t particularly like to cook, Daddy, Rhonda, and I do, and Daddy (at age 84!) had mentioned needing new pots and pans, so that’s what Rhonda and I got him for Father’s Day this year. Here's to many more family meals to enjoy together!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad your Daddy had a nice Father's Day with you, Rhonda, and your families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special Father's Day celebration. Your cake looks delicious. Loved the menu. What a special gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Father’s Day to your wonderful father!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that you had such a nice Father's Day with your very handsome daddy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!