Monday, June 26, 2023

Gardens, gallivanting, and teacup plants



Friday, I took the day off work to enjoy a long-awaited day of gallivanting and catching up with my friend Deberah. She’s a Master Gardener, so I had no problem selling her on my idea of visiting some local nurseries and enjoying lunch somewhere. I didn’t remember to take a picture of us, but I did take lots of flower photos, and I thought you might enjoy seeing some of them!


Our first stop was Mill Pond Gardens in Brooks, which had lots of statuary and plenty of flowers, trees, and shrubs. I’ve decided that in addition to tea-themed plants, I should have some literary-themed plants, too, so when I spotted this pretty ruffled ‘Fairy Tale’ daylily, I had to have it!


This nursery also had lots of great succulents, and Deberah I both bought some. You know that giant vintage teacup I bought earlier in the spring? Well, the Walmart succulent I’d bought for that had gotten kind of “leggy,” and it wasn't attractive anymore. So when I saw these hens and chicks, I thought they might be a good fit for that teacup, and they were!


Clearly, I’m not the first to consider plopping succulents into a teacup, because they also had this mini teacup planter for sale.


After a great lunch at City Café in Fayetteville, we headed back to Newnan and visited Morgan’s Market, where we admired even more gorgeous plants, planters, and hanging baskets. My favorites were these huge patriotic arrangements with celosia.



The bees were certainly enjoying themselves too!


I was also fond of these child-sized table-and-chair sets. I don’t have any children in my family small enough to use them, but maybe one day I will!


And the 'Iced Tea' dahlia I shared last week has made me a real dahlia fan, so I was delighted when Deberah gifted me with some gorgeous dark-pink dahlias from Morgan's Market. It was such a fun day, and we decided to schedule a quarterly garden-gallivanting day from now on!


6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day this was and such a nice time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun adventure with a friend. Loving dahlias these days too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops. Did not mean to be anonymous. Beautiful pictures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are such pretty flower pictures! I especially like the one with the bee--it looks like the bee is wearing a golden crown of pollen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a beautiful day to spend with a friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!