Monday, June 5, 2023

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread


Over the weekend, I wanted to make some banana bread but didn't have the sour cream my favorite recipe calls for. Could I use Greek yogurt instead? And could I add both pecans and chocolate chips?
Yes, I could—and did!


Chocolate Chip Banana Bread


1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 large ripe banana, mashed
4 tablespoons Greek yogurt
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine ingredients in order listed and mix well after each addition. Pour batter into a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan prepared with cooking spray and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Refrigerate any leftovers. 

4 comments:

  1. What a nice size recipe, sounds great Angela ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! And I happen to have all these ingredients except the Greek yogurt, but I have sour cream so I should be good to go! And I was just wondering what to do with the one mushy banana I have on my counter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!