Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Tea trolley with a patriotic flair


The tea trolley was in need of a seasonal update, and while I don't have a lot of red, white, and blue things for teatime, I pulled together a few pieces that I thought will work nicely for next week's celebration!


I'm so glad I bought this simple white ceramic teapot with a rosebud handle on it years ago. It works in all seasons and for all reasons.


And those safety-pin baskets I started collecting for Christmas and Valentine's Day will work for July 4 as well, I realized.




The blue plate I used features a scene from the Boston Tea Party, which is so important in our nation's history.


And the back stamp (which was printed in an unusually blurry fashion) had me pondering the fact that Wedgwood, a well-known British company, manufactured this Boston Tea Party commemorative plate for a department store in a country that rebelled against it. Now I'm on a quest for more blue and red teacups, and I keep hoping that one day, I'll find a teacup with an American flag on it. Wish me luck!

 

3 comments:

  1. Decorating is such funand your tea cart looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Independence Day tea trolley looks very pretty and very patriotic! I especially like the Boston Tea Party plate. Good luck in finding a teacup with an American flag on it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!