Friday, November 18, 2022

More festive fabrics with teacups and Santa mugs

I ran by the Joann store last week and decided to buzz by the fabric aisle to see if they had any Christmas fabric with a vintage look. They did, and I found a few other fun fabrics as well!

My favorite was this cheerful fabric with all the Santa mugs and Christmas cookies. Delightful!


And I know that eventually, I'll want to have a pastel-themed Christmas again one day, and when that day rolls around, this yardage will come in handy. I'm thinking pillows or napkins, because the quilters I know don't recommend Joann's fabric for quilts or heirloom-type projects, but if the fabric is cute enough, I will find a use for it somewhere, and I'm choosing to see these cute pink cups and aqua mugs as vessels for tea latté!


This one will become a table topper for the next time I do a book signing for The Vintage Christmas Cookbook. I've been looking for a fabric that conveys the flavor of that book, and I think this one will do the trick. So if you have any quick sewing projects and need some festive $4.99-a-yard fabric this Christmas, you might want to check out the Joann offerings for yourself!


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the alert. Those fabrics are so cute! Looks like I need to go to Joann. I was actually planning to go this weekend as I need thread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute! I love the Santa mug fabric, I may have to get some of that for a table topper. And the vintage Santa print is perfect for your wonderful Christmas book. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those ARE cute fabrics! I especially like the last one, with the rosy-cheeked Santas
    checking their maps.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!