Friday, November 4, 2022

A *British* source for free teatime images

 


I've (virtually) stalked the (digital) aisles of the Library of Congress for years now, searching their public domain images for photos and drawings related to teatime. Imagine my delight when I learned this week that the British Library, too, has public domain images available online. Like this one, which is said to be from page 15 of the "Old Father Christmas" picture book.

This one, which I'm sure we could all invent a story around, is from "Love's Provocations; being extracts taken ... from the diary of Miss Polly C.-. By Cuthbert Bede."

This one is "The Little Squire. A story of three [With plates.]" And I'm just getting started! If any of you need images for your various tea-related projects, tea party invites, or other purposes, just visit the British Library online and let the fun begin!



4 comments:

  1. Love these images. I had to laugh at the expression of the guy in the picture looking down on the sleeping guy at the tea table in the middle picture. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first image is so sweet! Thanks for sharing this resource.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find! I wish you many entertaining hours of using this British Library resource.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely and so enjoyed!! I will be looking forward to exploring this resource!🫖Thank yoou!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!