Friday, November 25, 2022

Thanksgiving traditions


Family traditions … I love them! One of my favorite traditions is presenting Christmas ornaments to the children in our family at Thanksgiving, including our three nieces and nephew, who were all at my sister's house yesterday. Since one of them got married this year and one will be getting married the week before Christmas, I was extra happy to see them there!


The newlywed and the bride-to-be got "Our First Christmas" ornaments since they will both be married by Christmas.


The youngest niece started a very successful pet-sitting and dog-breeding business this year, so in honor of that, I saw this canine Christmas tree ornie and knew that was the one for her. Nephew Matthew still likes Spider-Man, so his was an easy selection too.


We eat the traditional foods of turkey and dressing, green bean casserole, broccoli casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potato casserole, mac and cheese, cranberry sauce, olives, and my oldest niece has added seven-layer salad and macaroni salad to the menu, which was great! 


Daddy made a strawberry cake, and I made the chocolate chip pies that the girls always request. (See those homemade rolls, the few that were left? They were contributed by the future bride's future father-in-law and were some of the best rolls I've ever had!)


Aunt Jane was recently hospitalized following a bad fall, so we were all very happy to have her home for Thanksgiving.


And although I love all of our traditions, one I like best is enjoying my sister's fabulous sweet tea. I sure hope your Thanksgiving was as yummy as ours was!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like such a nice Thanksgiving get-together! I'm glad you Aunt Jane was able to be there. That doggie Christmas ornament you gave to your youngest niece is especially cute and appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you all had a nice Thanksgiving. I'm sorry to hear Aunt Jane had a fall. I'm glad she's home and doing better. I'll keep her in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!