Wednesday, August 31, 2022

An oversized Christmas teacup


Over the weekend, I visited two antique malls and started seriously looking for vintage Christmas decor. I know we celebrate Christmas in July sales and events, but in my experience, sellers start getting serious about Christmas in August. I bought my first Christmas magazine Saturday, and it's fitting that I found a Christmas teacup and another collectible that day as well. This teacup packaging is marked Ridgefield Home, which sounded vaguely familiar. The teacup and snack plate themselves are marked Gracie China, a brand I've found at T.J. Maxx and HomeGoods many times.


It was only when I unpacked it that I discovered something unusual about the cup. It's that large breakfast size, which I thought was unique, but there was something else too.


I hope you can tell from this aerial view, but the teacup is oval and not round. That's a new one on me, and I thought I'd seen it all in the world of teacup shapes. Guess not! It was $12.99, and I've learned that when I see Christmas things, I'd better go ahead and get them now.


And just for fun, I thought some of you might enjoy seeing the bargain "knee-hugger elf" I found. I've been wanting one of these vintage ones for a few years now, but they have been $25 plus at Christmas, which just seemed too much, so I was very, very pleased to find this one for $6. Any of you started scouting for Christmas decor yet?

4 comments:

  1. That oval teacup is unusual - and very pretty, too. I'm glad you found it, as well as the cute little elf. I'm trying not to look for Christmas decor but it always does seem to catch my eye. I hope you'll find everything you are looking for, all at great prices. - Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That teacup and snack plate is really elegant! I've never seen an oval teacup before, either. I haven't done much Christmas decor shopping yet. I've been looking on the Spoonflower website for Christmas fabric with which to make a table runner, but I haven't decided on anything yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen an oval teacup. That is unusual. It's a cute set. I haven't even thought about Christmas yet. We just started back to school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason my mind is not on Christmas yet. Usually I have my card designed by now. What fun finds! Marilyn M.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!