Monday, August 29, 2022

Aunt Jane and a Cracker Barrel birthday celebration


I've written about Aunt Jane so much on this blog over the years that I thought you might like to see us out enjoying her birthday lunch at Cracker Barrel on Saturday! If you're new to this blog, Aunt Jane is my late mother's younger sister, who turned 74 last week, and Aunt Jane will not ever let you forget her birthday. Even though (or maybe because) she is mildly mentally retarded, Aunt Jane starts talking up her birthday weeks in advance. She'll say things like, "Yes, I'm going to be an older woman next month" or "How old will I be on my next birthday?" Hint, hint! Here, we're eating our chicken finger meals, and I wanted to report that you can indeed order an Arnold Palmer (half sweet tea, half lemonade), which made me very happy.


There was about a thirty-minute wait to get a table, and that was fine with both of us because we enjoy looking around at all the offerings in the country store. Aunt Jane found some sterling silver earrings she wanted, and I spotted this adorable tea towel. It was $6.99 but on sale for 60 percent off.


So did I get it? You bet I did. I bought a journal and some maple-flavored candy, too, and I'll go back soon when all of their Christmas decor is out. I've found many tea-themed Christmas ornaments there over the years (like these), and fingers crossed, I'll find some again soon!

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Aunt Jane! You always seem to find fun things when you shop with her, and this time is no exception. That teapot towel is darling! -Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you care for your Aunt Jane. She seems delightful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday To Your Aunt Jane! Your partner in thrifting! Next year will be a bigger birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How special that Aunt Jane has you in her life. Marilyn M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you and Aunt Jane has such a nice time on her birthday. (Looking at that photo of her lunch is making me hungry!) That's a very cute teapot tea towel that you found there at the Cracker Barrel. We don't have a Cracker Barrel in DC, but I've been to them with my sister in Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Aunt Jane! I'm glad she had a nice birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!