Friday, September 2, 2022

Finding tea at Foxtail Coffee Co. in Newnan

My friend Kathy and I needed a catch-up visit and agreed to meet at the new coffee shop that recently opened near my house in Newnan, Foxtail Coffee Co.


As soon as I stepped inside, I loved the warm feeling from all the pretty wood in the decor. The service was prompt and friendly, and I saw a few younger folks studying their laptops. (They could be writers like me, but I wasn't there to write.) I wasn't there to order iced tea either, since I wasn't sure they would have any, but then I saw this menu board listing an Iced Tea Shaker with Peach Syrup. Yes, please!

And ohmygoodness, this drink was fabulous! I found out it's a concoction of raspberry rose tea with a bit of lemonade and a shot of peach syrup. It was the perfect fruity refreshment for this still-warm summertime weather we're having in Georgia.

And granted, I don't get out much, but is this style of straw hole a new thing? It was new to me, and I liked it, but then I'm easily entertained.

Because I'd skipped breakfast and we were meeting at 11, I was thrilled to see they still had breakfast sandwiches available. I ordered the croissant with ham, egg, and Gouda cheese. What a joy to find a croissant that's a real croissant, toasted and wonderfully flaky, the meat and cheese fresh and filling. Mmm. Kathy ordered the same thing and loved hers as well.

Sweater weather isn't here yet, but once it is, I want to go back and try the Salted Caramel Chai (hot version) that I spotted on that menu board. So tell me about your local coffee shop. Do you go to coffee shops? If so, do you ever find good tea there?

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, you had me at "raspberry rose tea" and then to add lemonade and peach - I would certainly love to try that! And the shop does look warm and welcoming. I met some friends at a local coffee shop earlier this week. It could take some tips from the decor of this one for sure! And while they did offer "hot tea" (no description otherwise), I opted for hot chocolate rather than spending $4.50 for a teabag and a cup of hot water in a paper coffee cup. It was pretty obvious that coffee was their main focus there. :-) I am glad you found such a delicious offering at your cute shop. - Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our only local coffee shops are chains. There is a wonderful non-chain about an hour from me that has a huge wall of loose leaf tea. My sister and I go there a few times a year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new coffee shop DOES look and sound very nice. I hope they have a successful business. I don't go to coffee shops in general, but if one opened near me that had hot tea and nice baked goods, I would be tempted to try it out. I don't like drinking hot tea out of a cardboard cup, which is what you mostly get these days at coffee shops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't visit coffee shops often, but when I do I can usually find a good cup of chai latte. Your Iced tea sounds delicious. It is something that would tempt me on a hot day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, forgot to leave my name Marilyn M

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!