Thursday, April 14, 2016

Assam1860 tea, straight from the tea gardens!

About a year ago, I first learned of a new tea company, Assam1860, named after the year in which their tea bushes were first planted. They sent me some samples of their loose and bagged tea "fresh from our family's 150-year-old tea gardens in the Moran Circle of Assam." It was a nice, brisk black tea that I very much enjoyed. Their tea officially launched in November of 2015, and when they recently asked if they could send samples of the finalized tea package, I said sure.

I love that the box has graphics of a tea garden in India, which is perfect for this company!

When I opened the box, I was pleasantly surprised to find individually wrapped tea bags in attractively designed glassine type packages. I *love* the graphic of an Indian woman plucking tea leaves!

And I was also surprised that the square tea bag is a silken tea bag. Happily, the tea was the nice brisk black tea I recalled from a year ago, and I steeped mine on the low end (just three minutes) since I don't like a super strong tea. It had only slight astringency, so this is definitely going to be my go-to tea in the mornings for a while. While I had already known I enjoyed their tea, I have to say I'm impressed with the design of Assam1860's tea packaging, and if you'd like to learn more about the tea yourself, click here. For the first five people who leave a comment today, I'll send you a sample tea bag to try yourself. How's that?

13 comments:

  1. I love the packaging, and it sounds delicious! Skip over me for the sample though and let numbers 2 through six enjoy the sample!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Angela,
    This is a tea I would just love to try. And I am so happy to see that they paid homage to the beautiful women who pick the tea by placing their image on the tea.
    Have a happy day.

    Mary Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assam is my favourite tea, would love to try this. The graphics are so correct.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the packaging with this tea. Your blog is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL dang, I am number 6 - lol - well, it sure is neat packaging. Always love your reviews. Thank you! : - )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops! Also too late for a sample!... BUT...this sounds like "my cup of tea"(sorry for the pun), so I'm off to check them out. Thanks for letting us know about this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The packaging is darling and I'm glad to know the tea is delicious as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the silk "square" teabag. I like to add single wrapped teabags to
    notecards and hostess gift baskets.
    Thanks for keeping us updated on new teas & tea products. There is so many new products to discover in the "tea world".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the packaging and your posts. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  10. How nice to receive this tea. It looks like tea I would steep a shorter amount also. Definitely a breakfast tea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this review, love the packaging! Thanks so much for letting us know about it, I am going to try it out. Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!