Friday, April 29, 2016

Cutest teacup cards ever!

I got in late Wednesday night from a local Candidate Forum and discovered a package had been delivered by the postman. Inside, all beautifully packaged together, were these handmade cards, an early birthday gift from my friend Kathy! My birthday is in May, and Kathy was thrilled her gift arrived early, but as I told her, I'm grateful for a gift whenever it arrives, and aren't these cards gorgeous!

I love a handmade gift so much because of the love and time that goes into it. With these cards, I loved seeing all the little touches Kathy included, like the string attaching the tea bag tag and the pearl embellishment.

While I like the all-aqua cards, I also liked the colorful card here. Isn't it the cutest?  (Kathy is a Stampin' Up demonstrator, and I looked online and confirmed that the charming papers and stamp design are indeed from Stampin' Up, from a paper line called "Have a Cuppa" and a stamp set called "A Nice Cuppa.")

But I think my favorite card may well be this one all in shades of aqua. From the pretty lace paper doily to the stamped design and the pearls, I love the soft, elegant look of this card. All six cards are different, and now I'm just trying to tell myself I really *must* send them to friends and not hoard them for myself!



10 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful! I know what you mean about hoarding them. Whenever I find an especially lovely hand made card like these, I have a hard time letting go of them. But alas! I do not need to start another collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are darling, and perfect for you. What a sweet gift. My advice would be to keep your favorite and use the rest for very special occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cards are indeed lovely. What a thoughtful and appropriate birthday gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be hard to pick a favorite, they are all cute. What a thoughtful gift. Happy early Birthday! I will be away in May and might miss best wishes. BTW - I loved the video you posted in the previous post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are beautiful. Angela, I would have a hard time picking a favorite. They'd also look great in frames, wouldn't they? Enjoy and happy May birthday to you! Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sweet! love them all :)
    Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are lovely! What a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so pretty! Nice detail!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!