Monday, November 2, 2015

Pumpkin-Caramel Harvest Bite Cakelets


On the one hand, I probably shouldn't be jealous of the friend who reported on Facebook that she had 800 (!) trick-or-treaters on Halloween. I believe we've had precisely one trick-or-treater in the nine years we've lived at this house, but our subdivision seems to have a lot of middle-aged folks like us and not a whole lot of families with young children. The downside to not having any trick-or-treaters, however, is that we don't have any leftover Halloween candy to enjoy, so when I wanted something sweet this weekend, I realized I had a good excuse to a) break in a new Nordic Ware pan I got on clearance two years ago and b) use up some caramel icing left over from a cake I made last week.

I used the Pumpkin Chai Tea Bread recipe I've already made several times this fall, and I used some leftover caramel icing to sandwich together the cakelets made in this pan, which I found on clearance for just $5.29 at Kroger, one of my best baking pan bargains of all time!

Pumpkins, pinecones, walnuts, and acorns make for some cute, just-enough-to-know-you've-had-a-sweet cakelets, and I liked the combination of pumpkin bread and caramel, so I think this combo is going to be a keeper. What are you all baking this fall?



7 comments:

  1. How cute are those! And they sound delicious, too. By the way, I didn't have any trick-or-treaters either. I had a little candy, just in case, but the doorbell did not ring. There were lots of safe Halloween activities going on in the area, though, I think that's where the children were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pumpkin recipes have been showing up at my house, too. In the last 2 weeks I have made pumpkin pie, pumpkin scones and pumpkin pudding cake. All yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and a great idea. I baked sugar cookies in the shape of fall leaves just a few days ago and then Dundee Cake, which is in the freezer for Christmas. That's it for now, but plotting and thinking of the upcoming holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I have looked at a pan like that but somehow have gotten home without one...and then am always sorry in the fall! I love Chai, so I bet they're delicious!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've never had any trick or treaters. Your cake let's look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't done any "fall" baking yet, but I'm having a group of ladies from my high school over for lunch on Nov. 17th, and, of course, the big Thanksgiving dinner. Our son is going to host it at his house, but I'll be transporting all the food. I saw a Kraft recipe for a Pumpkin Cheese topped with pecans and caramel sauce that looks delicious, so I'm thinking that will be the dessert for the high school gals. Love your Nordic pan, and your pumpkin treats look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! Pumpkin pecan scones have been baking in my kitchen with regularity this fall!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!