Friday, November 13, 2015

The Christmas issue of Tea Time magazine

Like many of you, I like to settle in with a cup of tea and enjoy the new issue of Tea Time. The last few weeks have been crazy busy for me, but this week has been much calmer, and I finished my latest book edit yesterday, so now is the time for me to take a deep breath and catch up on the niceties of life … like Tea Time! I had to wait for this issue to arrive at Barnes & Noble since my subscription expired, and I'm waiting on them to offer me a sweet "deal" before I re-subscribe. This Red Velvet Peppermint Cake on the cover is just beautiful, and though I don't believe I've seen red velvet and peppermint paired before, they're actually a natural fit, aren't they?

I always love the page of featured teas in each issue, and I love to read about the teacups as well as the teas themselves. I would love to own a set of every single china pattern on this page!

And since it's not even Thanksgiving yet, I thought it was great that they featured a Thanksgiving tea as well. This brown transferware teapot is beautiful and reminds me of the many lovely ladies in tea-land who collect transferware.

Inspiration always comes from these pages. This time, it's something very simple. I have a cookie spritzer that makes these Christmas cookies in all the cute shapes, but I've never colored my dough. Now, I think I will. Thanks, Tea Time!

6 comments:

  1. Glad you could relax a bit and enjoy this beautiful issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to decide whether to read or not to read Your post ; ) I too have let My subscription expire and this is a bad time of Year for that. I 'm glad You reminded Me to go buy the Christmas issue. Looking forward to a private quiet time of that luxury. Ok, I'm off to peek at Your post.Hugs to You-Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great new issue and it's my last but it will have to wait for the renewal. i love teatime.. Happy weekend with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Green colored sprinzer cookies will forever reminds me of my Auntie Phyllis!

    I have gone to THREE stores looking for Tea Time Magazine....we even went to Barnes and Nobel last night after dinner to find one, to no avail - but I DID read every awesome magazine that caught my eye and - dare I say this- found myself a tiny bit Season Inspired? I am kind of a bit of a Grinch this year, hope it passes b/c the family depends on my Happy Joy-Filled Elven Spirit! LOL!

    I think red velvet and peppermint is indeed a great pair- and my word, does it look great or what?

    Hugs! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. When my magazine comes in the mail I do get excited for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister in law makes a peppermint red velvet cake. It is different than traditional but very good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!