Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The most creative Valentine of 2015

Friday the 13th was not unlucky for me at all, because on that day I got to open this beautiful Valentine package from tea friend Mary Jane in Virginia! If you're like me, you're smiling before you've even opened the paper on a pretty package like this one.

Inside was the most elaborate handmade Valentine I've ever received! I loved the whimsy of this fanciful lady with little hearts being poured into her teacup. The back looks the same and reads, "I'm pouring you a little cup of love."

I can only imagine the time it took to cut out all these little hearts and affix them to the wire so that they appeared to be "floating" into the teacup. This feature obviously made a great impression on me, as I was dreaming about tiny strands of wire-strung hearts when I woke up on the morning of Valentine's Day!

And is if that weren't enough, she apparently hand-stitched these heart-shaped tea bags with yummy rose petal tea inside! Have you ever? I can't imagine going to this much trouble, but oh, was I happy to be the lucky recipient of a gift from someone who did!

8 comments:

  1. What a unique card! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A creative and thoughtful friend, you were a lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very thoughtful & so creative! Your handmade valentine complete with fresh cup of tea is perfect for you Angela. A sweet surprise for Valentine's day! So deserving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful and thoughtful gift for a tea lover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A true labor of love! Hope your Valentine's Day was extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card, so artistic. Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!