Wednesday, February 18, 2015

March/April 2015 Tea Time magazine

I had such a busy workweek last week, the new copy of Tea Time sat in the stack of mail for days before I even had a chance to open it. That cover certainly caught my attention with its elegant, pansy-adorned cake slices. Even my husband commented on how lovely they were and asked if they were edible. (Me: "They're too pretty to eat, aren't they?" Him: "No." Ha!)

The next surprise came when I turned to the letters section. I alway like to see whose comment they've featured from their Facebook page, and I must say that this one was rather unexpected!

There's much to love in this new issue, but I'm always tickled when I come across some beloved chintz, because chintz teawares are the ones I most associate with spring. I also like a lot of the recipes in this issue, especially some tiny lemon cheesecakes with candied lemon slices on top. Lemon treats, too, make me think of spring. Have you received your new issue of Tea Time yet? If so, what caught your eye?

13 comments:

  1. You are exactly right with your comment about that cover - I'm glad they published it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Grandmother used to pick violets every spring and " candy " them with a sugar syrup and artist`s brush, letting them air dry overnight.

    She would then place them on a vanilla icing petit fours.

    It made for a very charming Spring Tea.


    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a lovely cover and Old Country Roses is timeless. I adore chintz too, anytime of year. Chintz especially makes me dream of springtime. I must try to candy some fresh flowers when they are available. They make a cake or cupcake look so special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, you've become famous! :-) How exciting to see your comment in the magazine - of course I'll have to wait until I get home to read mine.
    I've used fresh violets on a cake which were later discarded but they sure looked pretty for the presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This issue announces the promise of spring with those fresh pansies! I was happy to see your comment published!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so excited when this issue arrived in the mail two weeks ago. I have so much going on at work recently that I literally hid the magazine so I won't be so tempted to read it. I'm saving it for Saturday morning with a cup of tea. Congrats being published in this issue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness! I must have read that magazine so fast, I didn't see your name!

    I just love those petite pansies! One time I saw some edible pansies in the produce department of the grocery store and I think they were $12 a pound back then. Of course, it would take a whole lot of them to make a pound! I have eaten edible pansies before at a tearoom and they were good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your name in there actually caught my eye too. I was going to say something and then got busy and forgot to do so. Now I must go savor the magazine awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Cottage Roses - gorgeous - and timeless! I too love lemony treats - seems everyone is anxious for spring this year due to our very cold temps I guess! I love the change of seasons - love the slower pace of winter but happy to see tulips, grape violets, & daffy's soon too! I love they chose your comment - special!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you too Angela for my tea towel valentine towel! Happy mail! Your pretty note card was appreciated too! Thanks for your kindness!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How neat to see your name in the magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like an issue to get, wow, what a beautiful cover! So glad to see your comments featured in the magazine - very neat! Hope you are keeping warm, Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!