Friday, February 20, 2015

A jewelry designer we will miss

Back in 2007, my tea jewelry wardrobe got a wonderful upgrade when I attended the World Tea Expo in Atlanta and found the booth of Dee Sharp, whose many beautiful tea-themed jewelry creations were on display. This sterling silver teapot and teacup ring I bought from her is one I treasure, and I was very fortunate that I was directed to go there by "Tea Lover Denise," a fellow tea blogger back then.


This week, I received the sad news from Dee's friend Theresa that Dee passed away this week from acute leukemia. Having lost my own mom to cancer, I am well acquainted with this despicable disease, so my heart hurts for those Dee has left behind, including her friend, who was so kind to let me know of her passing. For those of you who remember Dee, you can click here to read about her background in jewelry making. I'm so sorry to hear she's passed, and yet I can't help thinking how lovely it is that she left her gracious "mark" on the world—quite literally. Kind of makes me think about what kind of "mark" I wish to leave behind! RIP, Dee Sharp—and thank you.

9 comments:

  1. So sorry to learn of her passing. Your ring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special ring you have to always remember her by. So sorry for the sad news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad, but her talented craft of jewelry making is a legacy for tea lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely ring! My condolences to all who knew this talented artist. It is hard to lose a friend too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad for the world to lose such a talent. I went to her website and saw her beautiful pieces. Maybe I will find one somewhere someday. Angela, you are already leaving your mark on the world by your writing and sharing your knowledge with us. I have learned so much from you. I know I have left marks on the world by standing up for human rights, mentoring young people, and writing and officiating weddings and other ceremonies for people from all over the planet. I am older than you and getting tired. I still want to learn. I don't know if I have more marks to leave or not. Your blog gives me a lot of pleasure. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sad. It is so nice she enjoyed her craft and was loved by all. How nice you have a beautiful ring. You have already left a mark in my heart -- each day as I ready your blog! I thoroughly enjoy it - always! Thank you so much! Can't wait to hear tomorrow's story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sad to learn, indeed. May she Rest in Peace.

    and I agree with Dah above - you have already left a mark! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must have met her at that show, but don't remember.
    Sad! She made a beautiful ring for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!