Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Last of the Valentine's treats

It was my turn to make refreshments for the Crossroads Garden Club meeting last night, so naturally my thoughts turned to tea sandwiches and sweet treats. This time, I decided to make Strawberry Fudge, my homemade Pimiento Cheese Tea Sandwiches, and ...

... a Heart-shaped Cheese Ball. Easy, easy, and easy! The cheese ball is the old standby recipe: take two (8-ounce) packages of cream cheese, about eight ounces of drained, crushed pineapple, a half cup or so of pecans, and combine. Then roll in another half cup of pecans. A little dent in the middle and voila, a Heart-shaped Cheese Ball to serve with crackers!

The tea sandwiches I like to make around Valentine's feature heart cutouts using different colors of bread. As long as you have two similarly-sized heart cookie cutters, you're good to go.

And the fudge? This is that two-ingredient fudge I've been seeing on Facebook a lot. Melt a package of white chocolate chips, stir in a can of strawberry frosting, pour in an 8 x 8-inch pan and refrigerate. That's it. It is too easy to be as yummy as it is. Now I'm thinking of trying it with the new Pink Lemonade frosting I saw the other day. Doesn't that sound good?

13 comments:

  1. Good, easy, and pretty! A winning combination in my book. Love the heart sandwich idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden club refreshments look delicious, and I'm sure you brought home empty plates. Thanks for sharing great ideas for February treats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure the Garden Club enjoyed your refreshments. The sandwiches are so pretty. I could really go for some of your homemade pimiento cheese right now! I have friends who make the fudge recipe, but not with strawberry frosting. The pink is so pretty. I just "know" the pink lemonade fudge would be delicious, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky members with the treats you made. How many people are in your garden club Angela? We usually have at least 3 people to bring snacks as 30-40 people turn out for meetings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! It's so nice when easy intersects with charming...perfect!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun assortment of heart shaped treats! Love the sandwich with the two tones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so yummy! I will try the fudge for bridge club this week, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so clever. I love your blog !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judith, our club is pretty small, about 20 members maybe, with 15-18 usually in attendance. They are a great bunch of people!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the heart sandwiches! Perfect for teatime or any special lunch - heartfelt! Pink fudge - yummy. My fav blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky garden club.
    You snacks look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Angela, these look lovely! Two questions: have you made the cheese ball, substituting for the crushed pineapple? Also, have you made the fudge with a different flavored frosting? Thank you! -- Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great recipes Angela - everything looks delicious! Love the idea of pink lemonade fudge. Thanks for the recipes, Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!