Thursday, February 6, 2014

Flea Market Gardens magazine, 2014 edition

Every year since 2011 I have been able to do a little garden-planning with Flea Market Gardens magazine, an annual publication that has some of the most unique ideas for garden decor I've ever seen. It's always a great display of whimsical, out-of-the-box thinking, ideas beyond the typical garden statuary and birdbaths that you can find in most any garden. In the first issue, I remember falling in love with an old roll-top desk they painted pink and then used outdoors, pulling out the drawers and using them as planters!

I found the 2014 edition of the magazine last week, and as usual there are ideas sure to delight tea lovers who are into gardening, such as this gazebo one homeowner now uses for tea and entertaining.

She uses this teapot as garden art, which I think is a great idea for using some of the many teacups and teapots we have sitting around but perhaps don't use every day.

And I love how another gardener filled her birdbath with mismatched cups and saucers. If you're a fan of gardening as well as tea, I definitely recommend you look for this new magazine while you're counting the days 'til springtime!

8 comments:

  1. Gardening and tea are quite compatible as we both know and I'll have a look out for this magazine.
    Thanks for recommending it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like pure fun. I love the teapot hanging too. So many of Japanenee lusterware pieces were bright colors and would look cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great magazine you have introduced to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen this magazine before! I'll have to hunt for it the next time I'm in the bookstore! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We LOVE Flea Market Gardens magazine...of course,...it's right on topic with us!
    Some of us have JUST found the magazine at the market and although it's pricey at $9.99, it's SO worth browsing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I know I would love this magazine. Addicted to magazines and hope they never go away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bird bath design is unique! Will have to consider it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!