Monday, February 24, 2014

Botanic Blues

The weekend's shopping definitely had a blue tint to it, with my greatest find being a new Portmeirion cup and saucer I found at Ross. I've been considering a new fine china pattern that features this shape of cup and saucer, and this $2.49 set seemed perfect for a trial run before I commit to new china.

I just love this Botanic Blue pattern, and blue florals have obviously been on my mind lately.

Here's another weekend acquisition, only it's not a teacup.

It's a blue and white floral planter, also from Ross.

And this blue rose design caught my attention at a most unlikely place, a sporting goods store!

I was at Academy Sports in Newnan, shopping for golf stuff for my dad's birthday gift, when I wandered by a rack of these shoes. Shoes that look like a china pattern? Count me in!

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I must have those shoes. They go with my house! My china! My love of blue and white. Can you tell me the name of the brand, please since I don't have that store near me. I love the planter too.
    Great finds.
    Happy week, Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google Earth might be a safer way to research the Stewart Avenue area for that building. Love those shoes! Very cute indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I would have bought that teacup in a heartbeat! So pretty. I do love my blue and white. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the blue and white teacup with the butterflies, it's similar to a teapot I have.
    Did you buy a pair of the shoes for yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have got the blues! Beautiful blues, and great price on the cup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of your blue and white weekend finds! Sure wish there were Ross stores in Michigan - but maybe it's a good thing there aren't any! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a teacup in that same pattern as well as a teapot and creamer. So pretty! I am sharing a new pattern this week which I believe you would like. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see a 'pattern' here! Blue is the new Black!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all of your blue acquisitions! Oh those shoes would be hard to pass up, love the planter, and butterflies on china are just perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always find the best things! The teacup is great, the fabric sublime, but the shoes are perfect!!!!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have to chuckle -- as we all enjoy everything about tea and all that goes along with it - (especially your blog) but this post seems a fav is definitely the blue floral shoes. Count me in to get the name of those cute shoes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!