Monday, April 3, 2023

Tea at a countryside tearoom!


Last week, I had the great pleasure of attending one of the most delightful—and exclusive!—tearooms that I've ever been to! I've known Susan, a retired science teacher, for years now, and we go to church together. She'd mentioned that she sometimes hosts teatimes for friends at a little place out in the country that was once her husband's family home. I began to hear about this place from friends at church, and Susan even asked me to join them, but my schedule never worked out to visit until last Wednesday, and I was so happy to be able to join her and her Sunday School class for tea! Every room in the home is now a dining room, and she has decorated with the items she used to have for sale at antique stores.


All the ladies brought a treat to share, and when I got there, women were busily arranging the three-tiered servers.


These pretty "blossom cookies" were a big hit with everyone because they were tasty and pretty!


And we had a nice variety of finger sandwiches, including cucumber, pimiento, and chicken salad on both raisin bread and marbled rye.


A classic cucumber sandwich will probably always be my favorite. Susan had a huge selection of loose teas as well as tea bags for us to choose from, and I opted for some caramel-flavored tea from Republic of Tea, which I enjoy and hadn't had in a while. We also had cheese straws, several different types of cookies, and dessert bars. Somehow, this lovely teatime managed to be both casual and elegant!


Susan was the perfect hostess, making sure every table had plenty of all the treats.


I so enjoyed seeing all of her vintage linens and collectibles.


The weather was sunny and warm, and it was such a treat to drive out into the countryside and discover a private little tearoom.


Don't you wish you had such a place in your family? I sure do!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a wonderful personal tearoom! It looks like such fun, and your friend must have really enjoyed decorating the house as her own private tearoom. I love that old-fashioned crocheted tablecloth with the roses on it. I'm glad you were finally able to participate in one of the teas. Your photos of the house (inside and out) are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is one of the most unique things I've ever read to do with a family home. I think it's just lovely! Glad you were able to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treat. Teatimes where everyone contributes makes it fun for everyone and not so much work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how lovely! Yes, I'd enjoy having a place like this - and I'm glad you got to enjoy this one. I agree with Marilyn, having everyone bring something is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved everything about this…what a fun day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!