Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Adagio's Rohini First Flush Darjeeling Tea

 


Adagio Teas offered to let me sample some of their new first flush Darjeeling tea, and being of sound mind and body, I of course agreed. Don't all tea lovers enjoy a good Darjeeling?


As I knew it likely would, this one even smelled fresh, and it's quite amazing to think that these leaves were plucked last month in India and have since been processed and made their way to Newnan, Georgia.


I steeped a teaspoon of the tea in an infuser basket to give the leaves plenty of room to expand.


And oh, this tea was simply divine! At first, I sensed some slight floral notes, reminiscent of gardenia, maybe, and then the taste deepened into something richer and darker, with almost sugary maple notes. I was intrigued to read the tea's description, which noted that, "This very early first bud plucking is called jethri kupi, which translates from Nepali to the honorable designation 'Eldest Daughter,' denoting the very first growth of the spring season." Since I'm an "eldest daughter" myself, I thought this was quite fitting. And I must confess that I liked this tea and enjoyed my multiple steepings so much that I've already ordered some more so that I don't run out too soon! If you think you might like it, too, go here to learn more.




3 comments:

  1. Your review is very timely. I just received my birthday coupon from Adagio yesterday. I'll add some to my order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your description of that tea really does make me want to try it! I'm glad you enjoyed it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally look forward to a lovely Darjeeling in my cup and cupboard every spring.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!