Monday, April 17, 2023

Preparing for the Coronation


A friend at church yesterday asked if I had decorated for the Coronation yet, and to be honest, it hadn't occurred to me to do so, but then I realized I could probably pull a few things together. And so while I'm not doing a "shelfie" this month, I did decide to update my tea trolley!


My Coronation Tea from Harney & Sons has arrived, but I haven't sampled it yet. I may try to hold off until Coronation Day.


Most of my goodies are, of course, from the last coronation 70 (!) years ago, including this plate …


And this postcard.


And this teacup, a gift from a dear friend who follows the Royals as much as I do.


She also gave me this little Irish Guard doll, which seemed appropriate to use.


I included the teacup I got as a souvenir when I visited Windsor Castle.


And I thought this little dish was a Coronation piece but later realized it was from the Queen's Silver Jubilee, though I decided it can stay. I would really like a "Charles" teacup and saucer to celebrate the Coronation, but the one I want would be about $125 with shipping from England, and while my husband seemed to think that wasn't too bad, I'm holding out for a better deal (of course). Meanwhile, I've been busy reading about preparations for the big event, including who's invited and who's not, who's attending and who's not, and I must admit I'll be eagerly watching on May 6. Will you?

5 comments:

  1. Love your Coronation display! You have some really nice things for it, especially that flowery teacup and saucer. I've already got my Harney & Sons "Coronation Tea," also (thanks to your alert), and I haven't tried it yet, either. Although I don't consider myself a huge follower of the Royals, I'll definitely be watching on May 6. It IS an entertaining historic event, and how many British coronations do we get to see live on TV, after all?! As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I was alive for Queen Elizabeth's coronation, but was too young to appreciate what was going on. This time around, I'll be able to have fun with it. I have a kindred feeling for King Charles, since he's my age (he's 4 months older than I am).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your display! I hope you are able to find a Charles teacup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tea trolley looks great! I hope you can find the coronation teacup you want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post. I am sticking with my all time favorite Queen Victoria - haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't really thought about preparing, but you inspired me to think about it. I have two teacups from the Kensington Palace that will be my go to on that day. Love your cup from Windsor and the Coronation tea would be fun to drink that day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!