Friday, April 14, 2023

For the love of roses (and tea)


I was reading a magazine article this week that claimed that growing roses is "trendy" again. Really? I guess I wasn't aware that roses weren't always trending. All I know is that I have adored roses from the moment I knew what they were, and I always will. And I make no apologies for succumbing to the lure of that well-targeted Facebook ad I saw last week for this new tea steeper cup from Tea Forté. (But I bought mine on Amazon because it was cheaper. I guess you can say I like a cheaper steeper.)


I've had some of these steeper cups before and enjoyed using them.


But c'mon, isn't this design absolutely gorgeous? I saw on the package that it was "curated with the New York Botanical Garden." Well-done, folks!


And when you're finished steeping your tea, the stainless steel basket can rest on that pretty pink lid. It was just the splurge to celebrate springtime… and those "trendy" roses!


4 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful steeper cup! I'm glad you're so pleased with it. I like roses, too, but I think I like their buds and hips even more than the actual flowers. I was happy to see a profusion of tiny yellow "Lady Banks" roses blooming on a fence this morning at Tudor Place, a historic home and garden where I volunteer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lovely! I have a Cherry Blossom cup like that that I enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this cup and steeping basket. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!