Friday, October 21, 2022

Delayed gratification … it's a good thing!


Many months ago, I was browsing at Hobby Lobby one day when I noticed that Sizzix had some new Tea Time dies featuring a teacup filled with flowers. Now ever since Hobby Lobby stopped offering a 40-percent-off coupon every week, if a product isn't on sale, it will usually be discounted the very next week, so I've gotten good at waiting for a desired item to be on sale, especially a fairly pricy set like this one, which was $22.99. This time, I apparently let so much time pass that these dies were even more on sale—75 percent off!


These were fun to use, but oh my, it's a lot of work for one little old card. Each of these pieces has to be die cut and punched out and affixed to the card. I made this pink one first.


Then I went for more of a fall palette with this teal-colored card, which was my favorite. I am a slow card maker, so each of these took me about an hour to make. Still, if you're into paper crafts and like this idea, you may want to check the clearance aisle at Hobby Lobby before these Sizzix Tea Time dies are all gone!

5 comments:

  1. If I find one of these at Hobby Lobby, I might get it just for the teacup shaped die, but wow, an hour to put a card together truly makes it a labor of love! Those cards are beautiful, though. I'm glad your patient waiting paid off for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those really are beautiful cards! Especially the teal one, which is worthy of being nicely framed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are beautiful. I miss Hobby Lobby's weekly coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are beautiful! Thank you so much, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! It needed to go to a good home! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!