Monday, October 24, 2022

Fa la la la la … and fabric!


We were in Green Bay, Wisconsin, visiting family last week, and on Saturday, we stopped by their local Walmart for a few things. I like to check out all the Christmas needlework magazines, and this cute Hometown Christmas quilt caught my eye on the cover of the November/December 2022 issue of Love of Quilting.


Then I flipped over a few pages and saw this photo of a Tea Time table topper and knew I had to have this issue.


Later, once I started actually reading the magazine, I found a Coffee Time scrap quilt that I think would be lovely made with teatime fabrics as well.


And while this charming Tea Party quilt pattern wasn't featured in the magazine, I enjoyed reading about quilter Wendy Williams and her whimsical designs.


Now I rarely check the fabric aisle at Walmart, but I saw that the Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond, now has a line of fabrics matching her pretty floral wares, and that display caught my eye (I'm still thinking about checking my local Walmart for some of these fabrics). Then I noticed they had a box of miscellaneous fat quarters nearby, and these Christmas ones caught my eye!


So if you're a crafter/quilter/needleworker of any sort, this magazine and/or this fabric may be something you want to look for before it gets snapped up this Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm going to be looking for a copy of that magazine! And the fabric is darling. While I am hesitant to put WalMart fabric in a quilt, it would make a darling tote bag, or placemats, napkins, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun finds. I especially love the fabric. So festive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! I haven't been to Walmart in forever. I think Publix sells that magazine, I'll take a look later in the week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!