Monday, October 10, 2022

A wedding celebration in the country


So back in March, my niece Cari eloped (!), and after we all got over the shock of that, we knew we wanted to have some sort of celebration in honor of her wedding. My sister, Rhonda, offered to host a reception for family and friends in the fall, and we couldn’t have had better weather for it than we had on Saturday! Here are Cari and Blake in the gazebo in front of my dad’s house (my sister lives next door to him).


Rhonda, who is an excellent cook, made the cake herself, and niece Madison ordered a personalized topper from Etsy, which I thought was perfect for this country-themed affair!


Rhonda also had a food tent erected, and since her family is very proud of their Texas roots (her in-laws are from Texas), we had a spread of make-your-own tacos and nachos and enchiladas and …


Sweet tea! I drank many cups of it that evening.


There were lots of photos, including Cari and her siblings …


And Cari and Blake with her siblings and their significant others!


The golden light filtering through the trees cast a magical glow on the whole celebration.


The pretty fall flowers my sister had gathered seemed perfect for this brief but gorgeous little window of just-right weather that we seem to have here in Georgia at this time of year.


And I do believe my country-loving niece and her husband (not to mention the guests) thoroughly enjoyed themselves!

5 comments:

  1. Everything looks so lovely, and I'm glad the weather was perfect! Congratulations to the newlyweds and all the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is lovely. Looks like a perfect day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Cari and Blake!
    The reception was beautiful and the weather looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really looks like a fun reception! I'm glad everybody had a great time celebrating the newlyweds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun wedding. It definitely speaks of the couples personality. I loved seeing it on Facebook when you shared.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!