Friday, October 28, 2022

Brisk Iced Tea … from Dollar Tree!


Whenever I post about my dollar-store discoveries of tea, I picture some of you sitting there in your fancy ladies' parlor, wrapped in a velvet tea gown, nibbling at cucumber sandwiches, bone china teacup in hand, and murmuring to the servants, "Good heavens, Jeeves! Is she doing one of those low-rent tea reviews AGAIN?" And the answer is yes. Yes, I am. Today, it's my Dollar Tree discovery of these flavored teas from Brisk Iced Tea. 


First up was the Pineapple Passionfruit flavor. I love all things pineapple, and I was happy to see that this tea, while it did contain "instant tea" (alas) also contained "green tea," so that was a plus. I liked the flavor, but I liked it in the sense that I like a Capri Sun juice drink if I'm at some kids' event and it's the only cold beverage at hand, if you know what I mean. Pleasant-tasting enough, but not quite enough "tea" flavor to make me buy it again. The Strawberry Melon flavor? Well, I haven't technically had Kool-Aid in years, but it reminds me of the Kool-Aid I had as a child. So there you go. We try these "economical" teas so that you don't have to!


One thing I do recommend: the cute new Tervis tumbler that I found at Publix recently! We love Tervises at my house, and I'd not seen a floral one before. (But I'll be using it for some different teas once these fruity drinks are gone!)

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to know to skip those bottled drinks, but I do like that tumbler. Tervis is always good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the laugh in your description of your readers. I'm not a Brisk fan either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sacrificing yourself by trying those teas for us! I'll tell Jeeves not to bother with them the next time he goes to Dollar Tree. That IS a pretty floral Tervis tumbler. My youngest sister in Tennessee loves Tervis, and I have a few myself. I have a beautiful one with branches of cherry blossoms on it,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!