Wednesday, October 12, 2022

'Tis the season …

One of the fun things about shopping for the holidays all year round is that I always have something new to play with when the actual holidays arrive. I recently found a few more 99-cent Santa mugs at Goodwill. These aren't vintage, but I thought they were cute and will blend well with my collection.

Did I say collection? Well, I've started a new one. I decided these amber-colored glass sherbet dishes sure would be fun to use at Thanksgiving. It's not my year to host (it's my sister's), but if I start now, I'll bet I can gather the 18 or so of these I'll need to serve something yummy in at Thanksgiving next year. I've started finding them for about a dollar, and that's about the max I'll pay. I want this to be a totally thrifted collection!

And here's another one.

While I had Thanksgiving on the brain, I bought a cute new Nordic Ware pan at Goodwill for just $1.49. 

I'm planning to use it to make "festive" shaped cornbread, as I don't really have the time to learn to decorate a pumpkin cake! Have you started any new collections, thrifted or otherwise?

5 comments:

  1. I love the mugs! So cute. I have started looking for those, but I think I have 2 so far, I'm not sure it qualifies as a collection yet. Yet...! Your amber sherbet dishes are so pretty, they just look right for a Thanksgiving table. I would never have thought to make cornbread in a fancy cake pan - but why not? I hope you'll share a picture of it when you make it. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sherbet dishes will be great to use at Thanksgiving. We had green ones growing up. Though I don't think we ever at sherbet out of them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea to use that decorative pumpkin pan for cornbread! And the sherbert glasses will look great on your Thanksgiving table next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always think of you when I see Santa mugs. The sherbet glasses will be so fun. I started buying green water glasses and love that touch of color on the table for tea times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops! That Anonymous is me. Marilyn M.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!