Monday, April 25, 2022

When the handwriting's on the wall (or the tea mug)

 

Ever since finding that yummy-tasting rose-flavored tea from Taylors of Harrogate a few months ago, I’ve been checking T. J. Maxx for it every time I go in. The Taylors box I spotted on Saturday wasn’t the rose tea but a sweet rhubarb blend, but I was still happy to find it. (And yes, I bought a new tea mug. Sigh.)


Like the other tea, this one comes in beautiful bright-pink packets. I wasn’t sure whether I’d be a fan of rhubarb, but this tasted like a lightly sweet strawberry-flavored tea without the puckery quality I sometimes find in berry teas. This was another tea that’s perfect for the lighter, sunnier days of spring.

And of course I can’t be expected to say no to a $3.99 tea mug with handwriting on it. (And roses. But especially handwriting.)



Isn’t this perfect for springtime sipping? So what was *your* latest teatime find? Please share!

7 comments:

  1. Now I'm wishing I'd stopped at TJMaxx on the way home from my granddaughter's softball game Saturday! I was out of energy by then - but there's another game next Saturday so maybe I'll see if the TJM store in Blue Ridge has any of the Taylors teas. That mug is indeed perfect for you, I'm glad you found it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really IS a beautiful mug! No wonder you bought it, even though you didn't "need" it. Thanks for your review of that tea--I'm not a fan of rhubarb, but if it tastes like light strawberry, I'm willing to give it a try. I haven't tried any new teas lately myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tea sounds wonderful, and love the mug! Heidi T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mug. Yes, it is perfect for springtime. I have several tea related books I am being tempted with, but since I am trying to downsize I haven't purchased yet. I keep wondering which one I will end up giving into.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a wonderful mug - you love the handwriting and I love the bird! I never heard of rhubard tea. I have a TJ Maxx near me that I never ever shop. I would love to try that rose tea you found before. I was gifted rose jelly once and have been scouring the internet for it ever since. I did find it a few years ago and it was so pricey and only available at certain times of the year. Then I forgot. I am now renewed and reminded, ma'am!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uh oh. Now I have another reason to head to T.J. Maxx. I love the mug and I can't wait to hunt for this special tea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!