Friday, April 29, 2022

It's beginning to look a lot like … well, you know


I know I beat this drum all year long, but Christmas wares really are much more affordable when you find them off season! In recent weeks, I've found several new Christmas goodies, and my favorite was this pedestal plate, a $1.99 find at Goodwill. I have four tea-and-toast sets in this pattern, and one day, I hope to come across a matching teapot. But the great thing about Christmas tea wares is that they mix and match so well.


At a thrift store in Carrollton, I found this large, pitcher-sized Santa. I used to display my Christmas cards in one, but mostly, I just like to display pieces like this on a table or mantel, especially when they're $2 like this one was.


Finally, I was tickled to find a vintage boot vase for $1.59. There's a ton of this green design out there, and I've got several pieces of it now thanks to friends and family who send alerts (or gifts, in some cases!). I've seen these boots used to display silverware at Christmas, a fun idea for any teas or other gatherings you may have planned. So if you go thrifting this spring, please don't neglect the Christmas aisle!

7 comments:

  1. Great finds at great prices! I'm hoping to go to at least 1 thrift store this afternoon, wish me luck. I'll be sure to check for Christmas items!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! Do you happen to know if Blogspot has changed in the last week? I can only comment anonymously from my phone. It acts like I'm signed in but when the comment posts I'm not. Weird. It works fine from my laptop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginger, this is Angela, and now I can’t leave replies as anything but Anonymous myself! May be switching platforms soon, and I’ll post here if I do.

      Delete
  3. I especially like that pedestal plate! You were well rewarded in your search for pretty Christmas things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the found Christmas treasures! You did good!! :)
    Susan in NC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!