Wednesday, April 27, 2022

A cake artist that my town is proud of …


I can't believe I almost forgot to share this with you! I know this group loves magazines, and this is one I've been stalking here in Newnan for weeks now, the May/June issue of Cooking with Paula Deen


Why? you ask. Because you see that pretty cake on the cover and inside? Well, you're probably asking, "What cake?" That gorgeous blue-and-white bowl with flowers spilling out of it is a CAKE. And I know the lovely young woman who made it!


Bonne Bedingfield is something of a legend here in Newnan. She's been in Food Network baking competitions twice, turning out some amazing cake creations, and I follow her on Instagram just to see what she'll come up with next. (Bonne's dad, by the way, is one of my husband's BFFs.) A few months ago, Bonne shared with those of us who follow her on social media that she'd been to Savannah to drop off the cake that was a surprise for Paula's 75th birthday. Bonne made the cake, and her friend Elaine made these incredible flowers. I'll bet there's not a one of us who wouldn't love to have this cake on the table at our next tea party. I know I would!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that is an amazing cake! Bonne is certainly a talented artist, to say the least. Those sugar flowers made by her friend are pretty spectacular, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, no way that's a cake! And for Paula - love that lady. She's the prettiest 75 year old around!!! Thx for sharing, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! She is talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a spectacular cake done with amazing creativity.
    I love your Christmas additions.
    Blessings
    Nancy Carr

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right. I would love that beautiful cake. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cake is gorgeous, I'd never have guessed it was cake!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!