Friday, April 22, 2022

A Jane Austen Cream Tea

 


On Tuesday afternoon, I had the pleasure of attending a Jane Austen Tea Party at the Old Moreland Mill in nearby Moreland, Georgia. (If you haven't heard of it, Moreland is the hometown of famous novelist Erskine Caldwell and Southern humorist Lewis Grizzard.) Here I am at the tea along with my friend Kathy!


The tea was presented by the Gathering Place, a new business that brings people together to "connect, explore, create." Upcoming events will include a flower-arranging class and a Titanic-themed dinner.


This is Jennifer of the Gathering Place, who told everyone about the menu that we would be enjoying at our cream tea.

Those chocolate digestive biscuits are always welcome!



Each table had a theme, and mine was the Pride and Prejudice table.


The tables featured assorted china teapots, teacups, and saucers, and we had English Breakfast Tea and White Hibiscus and Peach green tea, both of which I enjoyed. We all had a place card awaiting us along with a menu that was cleverly affixed to a page from a Jane Austen novel. And while I failed to get a picture of it, the clotted cream was a huge hit at my table! We all ate it on our scones (shown in first photo), and I enjoyed learning about Jane Austen and taking tea with an old friend and meeting some new ones.

8 comments:

  1. That looks lovely and delicious! Glad you could attend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would go to a tea like that in a minute, if the opportunity arises. You two look pretty in what you are wearing and your hats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That certainly sounds like a fun event! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm a huge fan of Jane Austen, and do like attending events related to her books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Old Moreland Mill sounds like a neat business. Glad you enjoyed the tea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love anything Jane Austen! This looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely way to spend a day with friends and new friends. Thank you for sharing. You look lovely.
    Joan,Marion and Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! You and Kathy look wonderful, too.

    What a wonderful theme. Such a great idea. ♥ Tea and Jane go together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!