Thursday, September 15, 2016

Melville Candy's Pumpkin Spice Spoons

I'd managed to resist the tempting-looking honey-flavored spoons for sale at the Barnes and Noble café until I saw these Pumpkin Spice Spoons this week, spoons which immediately became a must-have item. I've had my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season, and these spoons ($8.95 for six) are even better!

Each one is individually wrapped, so they're perfect for sharing. (Assuming you wish to share.)

They're actually wrapped twice, with the plastic you see up top and then a tightly wrapped second skin covering the candy and stick. Persistence pays off, though, and you can soon be enjoying a great cup of black tea flavored with your Pumpkin Spice Spoon.

Oh, was this spoon good! As soon as it was halfway dissolved, and this occurred rather quickly, I started sipping, and it gave my plain black tea a wonderful pumpkin taste. As I got closer to finishing my tea, the spice notes really emerged, and it almost tasted like hot cinnamon candies. All in all, a winning combination for those of us who love all things pumpkin. Last year I bought pumpkin-flavored cereal for the first time, and I'm curious to see what else is out there this year. Have you seen any fun new pumpkin-flavored treats?

4 comments:

  1. How cute! Those would be great favors for a tea - something I looked for and did not find when I hosted that tea last month! (not that I have a Barnes and Noble close by, nor much of anyplace to look for tea favors, LOL) I would probably enjoy the "spice" as much or more as the "pumpkin" part but I may have to get a set just to have on hand for a special occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting. Glad you enjoyed the spoon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting! They look nice ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!