Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Some vintage prints for tea lovers



I continue to browse the photo archives of the New York Public Library's digital collections on a regular basis, and recently I was struck by the beauty of two prints featuring floral arrangements in teapots. First was this one, "Wild Azaleas."


And the second one is titled "Japan Quince #2." According to the website, these prints were publisher's proofs from a book published by L. Prang & Co. The artist was Annie C. Nowell, and I would have to suspect that she was a tea lover like us. Go here if you'd like to download these public domain images for yourself!

3 comments:

  1. This reminds me of something my mother once told me. She said that she viewed every vessel as a potential flower container. She had an old black teapot that she used for this very purpose. I adore these prints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaah! Thanks for sharing...heading there now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! You find such interesting things.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!