Thursday, February 5, 2015

2015 Flea Market Gardens magazine

I have been reading Flea Market Gardens magazine ever since the first issue came out in 2011. I usually saw it on the newsstands each January, and when my repeated checks at the newsstands this January never turned up a copy, I was sorely disappointed, assuming the magazine was no more. Then, I found the new issue at Kroger this week and was so happy, especially because this issue has more "tea and gardening" ideas than ever.

This is the spread featuring the cover story on building a garden shed in a weekend. Did you notice the teapot and teacup garden stakes on the cover photo, at right in this spread? I've got some teacup garden stakes, but I've never seen a teapot garden stake, and I love having the two next to one another.

Assuming my hens and chicks are still alive (I haven't checked lately), I think I will plant some of them in a tiny teapot like this one.

And when fresh flowers bloom, I can't imagine what could be lovelier than displaying them in teawares. There are lots of other great ideas in this issue (they used vintage tablecloths for chair covers, for one thing!), and even if you're not a gardener, I can guarantee you'll find some decorating ideas to love in this pretty garden magazine.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Once again, you are responsible for my future shopping trip. I wonder if I can convince my hubby my shopping is all your fault?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun! I've never seen it around here...sigh...the story of my life! Lol!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you suggested this- I see them all the time here but a super kitschy colorful cover like that I probably wouldn't open....another important lesson in opening anyway, for it is just one part of what's inside! That china and floral last pic, wow, that's stunning and worth buying just to keep them coming like that. Pretty! I love that tea pot planter for succulents idea, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you suggested this- I see them all the time here but a super kitschy colorful cover like that I probably wouldn't open....another important lesson in opening anyway, for it is just one part of what's inside! That china and floral last pic, wow, that's stunning and worth buying just to keep them coming like that. Pretty! I love that tea pot planter for succulents idea, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a teacup garden stake/birdfeeder but it didn't have any drainage and the birdseed got rained on and rotted! But I do love the idea of them, and of displaying flowers in teaware!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some good ideas from the magazine. I've seen vendors sell the teacup stakes for a pretty penny but I'd rather make my own. I'll look for this magazine too, thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. On a very cold NJ day -- fast forward to garden pleasures! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love this issue. Love the garden shed and decor.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!