Friday, October 20, 2023

Trip to Wisconsin, Part 2 (The Rose Report)


One more post and I'll stop prattling on about last week's trip to Wisconsin, I promise, but I just wanted to share photos of some of the roses (real ones and breakable ones) that I spotted on this visit. These were in the lawn next door to my stepdaughter's house, and when I asked if I could take photos, the couple who live there were so friendly and welcoming. I realized years ago that I absolutely love Midwesterners!


The lady of the house loves flowers, and when I saw her husband outside working in the garage and asked to take a few photos on that windy day (I didn't want him to think I was a stalker or something weird), he told me his wife would be thrilled that I admired her flowers so much. That was a win for both of us!


The banner on their lawn looked so inviting that I had suspected I would indeed get to snap a few photos.


The other roses I came across were at the thrift store in Green Bay, and sadly, I just didn't feel I could safely take them all home with me (or burden others with the task!). I left this pretty rose plate …


And this elegant and heavy-as-led glass platter etched with roses.


But at least I did get the pretty tray with the lavender roses that I shared here earlier this week, which will be coming to me in Newnan when our family heads our way at Thanksgiving. Roses always make me happy, and it was so fun to spot some new ones this fall! 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful roses, all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found such nice roses--both living roses and artful roses!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!