Friday, October 13, 2023

A new chintz tea mug with an old chintz pattern


One of my mugs somehow got chipped recently, so you know what that means: I could legitimately say that I *needed* a new one! And I had some money left on a birthday gift card to T.J. Maxx, so when I saw this Grace Teaware chintz mug for $4.99 the other day, I knew it was the one. I've loved chintz for years, and this pattern looked so familiar that I just knew it was a vintage pattern that had resurfaced!


I thought it was a Royal Winton pattern, possibly Summertime, but when I got home and googled that, nope, it wasn't Summertime. Turns out it is James Kent's DuBarry pattern. (The patterns aren't or weren't copyrighted, I guess? Anyone know?) I'd love to have a teacup and saucer in this pattern as well, so maybe the Grace Teaware folks will get to it!


And despite the mug's colorful summery-looking design, I decided I can happily sip from this mug as I enjoy a fall tea like this yummy Organic Cinnamon Rooibos Chai from Davids Tea!

5 comments:

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!