Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Highlights of a trip to Wisconsin!


Alex and I love to visit Green Bay in the fall, and this time, we were also there to attend grandson Michael's thirteenth (!) birthday party and to catch up with him and Andrew. We love our "Badger Boys" and were so grateful to get to spend some time with them and their parents, Heather and Brad.


This time, I was quite impressed by so many gorgeous flowers that were still displaying their lovely, bright colors. As I told a neighbor of my stepdaughter, Heather, by August, the flowers in Georgia are done, and so are we.


But oh, these dahlias!


And zinnias!


Alex and I both love seeing the beautiful colors of their fall leaves.


And y'all will swear that I forced him to take me to the big St. Vincent de Paul thrift store in Green Bay, but it was actually *his* idea! Here, he's checking some prices for me while I'm in a very long line.


If we'd been in the car instead of flying, I would have definitely bought this Lefton China Christmas tea set. The price tag said $69 for all of it!


Instead, I got a few small things that Heather and Brad will bring down (by car) at Thanksgiving, including a $2.13 fallish-looking teapot (it's unmarked, and I suspect it's very old and very English).


I got five charming little cordial glasses (79 cents each) to use for jam and/or cream at teatime.


And I can't resist a $3.57 handled tray with lavender roses. (I got a few unbreakable vintage Christmas items, too, and those went in my suitcase.)



It was a fun trip made extra enjoyable by all the pretty scenery like these leaves and berries, and when we got back to Georgia, it felt more like fall here too!


4 comments:

  1. I'm happy that you had such a nice trip. Your grandsons are getting so tall! Those are beautiful photos of the autumn berries, leaves, and flowers. The dahlias here in Washington DC are still looking good, too. That's a nice vintage teapot with the Greek key design that you picked up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that tea pot, I’m so glad you found it! And the handled tray, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have had a hard time passing up that Lefton Christman set. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!